Posts tagged "cool things"
Magnetic Thinking Putty
can I have this as a pet I mean just think about it
you have a little aquarium with magnets hidden in the top on a little motor that move around and the putty like, reaches up for it and follows it around
then when your family comes to visit they see it and ask what it is and you just sort of stare at them until they get nervous and tell them that you used to have a bird but then one day you found this black stuff on the ground by a bunch of feathers
then you tell them it likes to get out of it’s tank sometimes and you have to catch it before it goes after the neighbor’s children
wait I think I got sidetracked
TOBIAS REVELL - During the Indian Civil War, the Dharavi slums of Mumbai were flooded with refugees looking to escape the conflict. The Mumbai authorities, distracted by defence of the city and facing an already over-populated and poverty stricken slum could do little to maintain a semblance of civilised life in the area. Sometime later a cache of biological samples appeared through the criminal networks of Mumbai, in the vain hope that it might provide new marketable narcotic opportunities. The collective drive and expertise of the refugees managed to turn theses genetically-engineered fungal samples into a new type of infrastructure Ð providing heat, light and building material for the refugees. Dharavi rapidly evolved itÕs own micro-economy based around the mushrooms. This documentary tells the story of some of the characters involved from Mumbai and the rest of the world and how Dharavi came to be such a unique place.
on tumblr: tobiasrevell
If Hoyoung Lee’s concept printer becomes reality, you’ll never throw away another pencil stub and never buy another ink cartridge. The pencil printer separates the wood from pencils and uses the lead to print documents. There’s even a built-in eraser component that allows you to remove text from a page and reuse the paper, so you’ll be saving money and trees.
15 bizarre — but cool — green inventions
This could solve everything.
and it looks awesome, too
Researchers Build Robot Jellyfish From Silicon and Rat Cells
A half-inch-long juvenile jellyfish pulses and swims much like any of its compatriots in oceans all over the world. The major difference? It’s entirely man-made.
“It’s a biohybrid robot. It’s part animal, it’s part synthetic material,” said Kevin Kit Parker, a bioengineer at Harvard University who led the jellyfish-building effort.
The ultimate aim of Parker’s little jellyfish isn’t to build animals, however. It’s to build artificial hearts for transplants in the future.
Parker, who has long studied heart cells, chose to reproduce a jellyfish first, so he could learn the basics of biological pumps. “The jellyfish was a first step in that we built a functioning pump with designer specs,” he told InnovationNewsDaily. “We’re going to continue to try it to ratchet it up by building harder and harder things until we’re ready for the heart.”
(via How Man-Made Jellyfish Could Help Heart Patients | LiveScience)
9.9 This is pretty amazing.
Is this how the Borg starts
Do you ever have those days when you just feel like you’re in a funk? You just can’t shake those heavy, sinking feelings? Maybe you’re feeling stressed, empty, scared or stuck. In essence, you just don’t feel like yourself.
As a way to improve mental health in Canada, Blok Design worked with Partners for Mental Health to come up with a way to draw people into a conversation, encouraging an open dialogue. Using bright colors that represented a spectrum of moods, they got people on the street to, literally, wear their emotions on their sleeves.
What a great idea for you to reflect on your emotions.
Make Your Own Alkaline Vitamin Water
Find yourself needing a vitamin boost?
Click here, for complete recipe and directions of my five signature colour-free, sugar-free and bpa plastic free alkaline vitamin waters or get inspired to make your own combinations.
- Recovery - This vitamin water is ideal for recovery post-workout or after a large bout of physical activity. Blackberries and Cherries aid in replenishing oxygen in the blood while pomegranate and glutamine help to restore and repair muscle tissue damage
- C*Power - This vitamin water gives you a boost of anti-viral and anti-inflammatory vitamin C. With natural citrus fruits and camu camu powder, c*power is ideal for boosting your immunity after an illness or just keeping your body empowered. This is an excellent combination for weight loss
- Stressless - This is my favourite combination, the blend of watermelon and rosemary is divine. This vitamin water is ideal for helping you balance stress on a mental and physiological level. With the addition of B vitamins, hydrating watermelon and calming rosemary this combination is best used during times of stress or intensity
- Digest It - Excellent for aiding in digestion and stimulating the colon and digestive tract. With the combination of pineapple’s digestive enzymes, soothing, cooling mint and warming ginger, stimulating lemongrass, immunizing lychee and probiotics this water will aid in internal balance
- Detox - Purify your blood and body with this awesome vitamin water! Detox is ideal for the morning after a night out or when you are cleansing. Created with hydrating coconut water, and fresh cucumber, nutrient rich coconut meat, detoxifying milk thistle and anti-oxidant loaded raspberries and blueberries, this combination will cleanse your body from the inside out
It simple, cheap and easy way to get your vitamins in a delicious and hydrating way.
What an awesome idea! :’)
Need to make this
oh goodness this is so me